Sunday, December 16, 2012

1 : What allergies are ?


Hello, my name is Yuuka Ishida.
At this blog, I’m going to write about “Allergies” as plain as possible.


First, I will tell what allergies are simply.
An allergy is redundant immunoreactions to specific antigen.
An immunoreaction itself is not definitely harmful stuff. It works to exclude alien substances from the outside (antigen) from our internal, and it is indispensable faculty for living thing. An antigen itself is not harmful too in most cases. For example, it’s foods, pollens and so on. Pollens itself doesn’t make us to sneeze. Antigens of someone who has pollen allergy mistakes pollens for poison. So it often makes sneezing and sniveling because immunoreaction works to exclude the poisons from one’s internal.
As pollen allergy, it is large which called as an antigen, and the symptoms change by one’s individual or condition then and so on. As for the case of me, I have peanut allergy, and if I eat it by mistake, I will be choking by getting a nettle rash over my whole body. Talking of kind of antigens, foods are found as it as my case, besides medicines, smell, water, metal, animals, ultraviolet rays and so on. It may be antigen unlikely thing.


Next, allergies are classified into five types. This classification is called “ Coombs and Gell’s classification of allergic response ( Coombs and Gell’s classification ) ” .

Type
These responses cause edema and pruritus and the like. No sooner antigen got in in the body than these are caused. It may carry rapid falling blood pressure called “anaphylactic shock”. It may bring death perhaps.
Most of diseases called “allergy” is classified into this type. For example, it is food allergy and pollen allergy, atopic dermatitis, bronchial asthma, and so on.

Type
It typifies this type that viral hepatitis such as chronic hepatitis type B and type C. These responses are caused because white blood cell works to remove the viruses from inside the body, so hepatic cells are destroyed.
Main diseases are autoimmune hemolytic anemia (AIHA), incompatible blood transfusion, alopecia areata, Hashimoto's disease, pernicious anemia and so on.

Type
In brief, this type allergy is caused by immunoreaction works fine place by flowed immune complex by blood. So it destroys surrounding harmless tissues. It causes edema and redness about after two to eight hours.  There are general and partial responses.
Main diseases are serum sickness, allergic angiitis, rheumatoid arthritis, rheumatic pneumonia and so on.

Type
It causes this type allergy that educated T cell. This is only type that be concerned with cellular immunity (Other types are concerned with humoral immunity ).
Main diseases are contact dermatitis, tuberculin test, transplantation immunity, tumor immunity, infection allergy, drug-induced pneumonia and so on.

Type
This type is almost same as type . Difference is only that there is irritative or not.
Main disease is Basedow disease.


Today I told what allergies are simply.
And I want you to know that there are many diseases called allergies.
I will focus on type allergies from now on.
Thank you for reading.

I referred to “Wikipedia” to write this.

No comments:

Post a Comment